ShabbyBlog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Creamy Cucumber Salad

The abundance of fresh veggies and herbs are one of my favorite parts of summer.  Late summer, I will nearly eat my weight in fresh tomatoes from my friends' gardens.  I've always wanted to have my own garden, but I was not blessed with a green thumb.  Thankfully, everyone seems to have more than they know what to do with and I benefit from that greatly. 

I really love cucumber salad.  There are a lot of different versions of it, but I think this one is the best.  I was gifted a ton of cucumbers recently, so of course I had to make this:




  • Ingredients:
  • 4 C. cucumbers, peeled and sliced
  • 1/2 C. onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 C. sour cream
  • 1/2 C. mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine cucumbers and onions in a medium bowl.  In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.  Stir the sour cream mixture into the cucumbers and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment