ShabbyBlog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Easy Peasy Sausage Egg Bake

There are a zillion egg bake recipes, but 99% of them are kind of blah and tasteless.  I found this one on Pinterest and it is my new go-to egg bake recipe.  It is full of flavor, simple to make, and takes very little time to bake. When I'm HANGRY (hangry = more than hungry) in the morning, I don't want to wait 2 hours to eat. Nor do my little minions.  Give this one a try, you'll be so glad you did!



Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent rolls (I love those seamless creation ones that Pillsbury has)
1 lb. breakfast sausage
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 C. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Crumble and cook sausage, drain.  Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and line bottom with crescent roll dough. If you don't have the seamless variety, firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage, then cheese.  Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended, pour over sausage.  Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until set.  Cut into squares and serve.  

The leftovers are good reheated, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment