ShabbyBlog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Apple Dip

Can I share something with you? I used to be 160 pounds heavier than I am now.  Yes, really.  I had gastric bypass several years ago and it changed my life.  I was really worried that my favorite hobbies - cooking, dining with friends, trying new foods - would not be compatible with my new life.  It took me several years to figure it out, but I've found a good balance for me.  I run 1-3 miles a several days a week.  I weigh myself daily and run extra when it creeps up until it creeps back down.  I eat pretty light for breakfast and lunch.  All so I can cook, serve, and eat tasty food prepared with quality ingredients.  

That said, pre-surgery, breakfast at McDonald's used to be one of my favorite meals.  I despise it now, it truly grosses me out.  For the longest time, I was sad that I no longer enjoyed breakfast.  Until I found THIS! Delicious low-fat vanilla greek yogurt doctored up with peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.  I like eating it plain, but I absolutely adore dipping Golden Delicious apples in it.  My first thought in the morning is about coffee.  My second thought is about this yogurt. 


Ingredients:
1 individual container low-fat vanilla greek yogurt
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 tsp. honey
dash of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients well - I make it in the yogurt container itself, so no mess. Eat plain or dip apples.  DELICIOUS and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment